The National Theatre Munich Germany. München Nationaltheater.

The National Theatre Munich Germany München Nationaltheater is a historic opera house home of the Bavarian State Opera Bavarian State Orchestra and the Bavarian State Ballet

The National Theatre Munich Germany München Nationaltheater is a historic opera house home of the Bavarian State Opera Bavarian State Orchestra and the Bavarian State Ballet WordPress

The National Theatre Munich Germany. München Nationaltheater is a historic opera house home of the Bavarian State Opera, Bavarian State Orchestra and the Bavarian State Ballet.

History:

The first theatre was commissioned in 1810 by King Maximilian I of Bavaria because the nearby Cuvilliés Theatre had too little space. It was designed by Karl von Fischer, with the 1782 Odéon in Paris as architectural precedent. Construction began on 26 October 1811 but was interrupted in 1813 by financing problems. In 1817 a fire occurred in the unfinished building.

The new theatre finally opened on 12 October 1818 with a performance of Die Weihe by Ferdinand Fränzl, but was soon destroyed by another fire on 14 January 1823 the stage décor caught fire during a performance of Die beyden Füchse by Étienne Méhul and the fire could not be put out because the water supply was frozen. Coincidentally the Paris Odéon itself burnt down in 1818.

Second theatre – 1825 to 1943
Designed by Leo von Klenze, the second theatre incorporated Neo-Grec features in its portico and triangular pediment and an entrance supported by Corinthian columns. In 1925 it was modified to create an enlarged stage area with updated equipment. The building was gutted in an air raid on the night of 3 October 1943.

Third theatre – 1963 to present
The third and present theatre (1963) recreates Karl von Fischer’s original neo-classical design, though on a slightly larger, 2,100-seat scale. The magnificent royal box is the centre of the interior rondel, decorated with two large caryatids. The new stage covers 2,500 square metres (3,000 sq yd), and is thus the world’s third largest, after the Opéra Bastille in Paris and the Grand Theatre Warsaw.

Through the consistent use of wood as a building material, the auditorium has excellent acoustics. Architect Gerhard Moritz Graubner closely preserved the original look of the foyer and main staircase. It opened on 21 November 1963 with an invitation-only performance of Die Frau ohne Schatten under the baton of Joseph Keilberth. Two nights later came the first public performance, of Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, again under Keilberth.

The Grand Theatre – National Opera in Warsaw.

The Great Theatre - National Opera in Warsaw Poland

The Grand Theatre – National Opera in Warsaw.

Opera was brought to Poland just thirty years after it first appeared in Florence, by Royal Prince Ladislaus IV Vasa. In 1628 he invited the first Italian opera troupe to Warsaw. For over 170 years the Teatr Wielki has been Poland’s grandest opera and ballet theatre. It was built in 1825–1833 to a design by the Italian architect Antonio Corazzi of Livorno.The building was converted several times. It was bombed during the siege of Warsaw in 1939 and almost completely ruined. Only the original classicist façade survived.

Stanisława Moniuszko ( Stanislaw Moniuszko ) is regarded as the father of the Polish national opera. His most famous operas are Halka and Straszny Dwór ( The Haunted Manor ). The most prominent Polish composer ot the Romantic era was Fryderyk Chopin ( Frédéric Chopin ) , who composed exclusively for piano.

In 1945–1965 the company performed on other stages while the theatre building was being restored and expanded according to designs by Bohdan Pniewski.The Polish National Opera at the Teatr Wielki continues its over 200-year tradition, producing works by Polish composers as well as world classics.

In 2002 the Teatr Wielki’s façade was crowned with a magnificent sculpture of Apollo’s Quadriga, as originally envisaged by architect Antonio Corazzi 180 years before. The sculpture is a contemporary design by Adam Myjak and Antoni J. Pastwa.

In the 1998–2002 seasons and then again from October 2008, the general director of the Teatr Wielki has been the great culture manager Waldemar Dąbrowski, who was Poland’s minister of culture in 2002–2005. The Polish National Opera’s artistic director is the great stage director Mariusz Treliński, who first occupied the post in the 2005/06 season and was reappointed in October 2008. His opera productions constitute highlights of operatic repertoire not only in Warsaw, but also in Washington, Los Angeles, St. Petersburg, Tel Aviv, Vilnius, and Bratislava.

The National Opera in Warsaw Poland features two auditoriums and a museum:

The Stanisław Moniuszko Auditorium, which seats 1,841, is the primary venue for opera, ballet and theatre performances, which run annually from September through June/July.
The Emil Młynarski Auditorium seats 248.
The Theatre Museum, accommodated in former main-floor ballrooms, is the country’s sole theatre museum.

Polish opera theaters:

The Grand Theatre in Warsaw (Polish: Teatr Wielki w Warszawie) or the Great Theatre—National Opera (Polish: Teatr Wielki—Opera Narodowa) is a theatre complex, opera company, and home of the Polish National Ballet, located on historic Theatre Square in Warsaw, Poland. The Warsaw Grand Theatre is one of the largest theatres in Europe and in the world, with a seating capacity of over 2000.
The Opera Krakowska (Kraków Opera), was founded in 1954 in postwar Kraków, Poland.
Teatr Wielki w Łodzi (The Grand Theater in Łódź) is an opera house in Łódź, Poland.
The Wrocław Opera is an opera company and opera house in Wrocław, Poland. The opera house was opened in 1841 and up to 1945 was known as the Breslau Opera.
Silesian Opera in Bytom (Polish: Opera Śląska w Bytomiu) is an opera company in Bytom, Silesia, Poland, that was founded in 1945. Its home is the former City Theatre that was built between 1898-1901. Adamo Didur was the first artistic director.
Grand Theatre, Poznań (Polish: Teatr Wielki im. Stanisława Moniuszki w Poznaniu) is a neoclassical opera house located in Poznań, Poland. It is named after famous Polish composer Stanisław Moniuszko.
The Opera Nova is an opera house located in Bydgoszcz and established in 1956, which also plays the role of a musical theater. It is one of the 10 opera houses in Poland and the only one of this size in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship. Opera Nova also welcomes the scene of the Bydgoszcz Buratino Puppet Theatre.
Podlasie Opera and Philharmonic – European Art Center in Białystok – currently the largest artistic institution in north-eastern Poland and the most modern cultural center in this part of Europe.